Pages

Friday, 29 March 2013

Doodle it and Digi it

Good afternoon or should that be evening as it's just after 6pm ( or it was when I first started writing this) ...mmm... well hello there... Have you had plenty of hot cross buns today? there's been none here at all, but I did have a nice homemade cherry and chocolate chip muffin filled with a little hazelnut spread lovingly made by DH which made up for it.

I was bored waiting for paint to dry on a canvas and glitter to dry on some other bits and my hand was aching but needed something to do...so I made this



Its a piece of digital art made using a half finished or should that be half completed...mmm? anyway, using a bit of a doodling thing I'm still working on. I photographed the pages and imported it into my Serif Craft Artist software to take out the white background and leave just the lines using the CSO filter in photolab.
 

 
 
 
Then I used black colour fill to change what was left to an even colour. You will see I used  the right hand page twice at top right and bottom right, but rotated. Added white drop shadow to give more texture/depth. The multi-coloured background was a paper I created using some flower photos I took some time ago, again using the software. Added words with shadow too.
 
Thanks so much for looking xxx
 


3 comments:

  1. Oh you are a clever thing, I didn't really understand all that, but the end result is fascinating. Have a Joyful Easter.
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing Gill. Love the unique design and detail. Would make a smashing transfer for a material bag or on a canvas print x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x