Pages

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Special Moments


This is my first time for an art journal challenge but I made this for a lovely challenge called 'Special Moments' over
at Art Journal Journey blog


 
 
 
Acrylic paints used were: soft green, canary yellow, sea spray, chocolate brown and deep orange made by Do Crafts.
 
 
I found an ivy stencil I'd made years ago when stencilling our house, and using stencil brush used Plaid Folkart ripe avocado and Decoart purple acrylic paint on it and when dry, painted pages over with sea spray paint.


 
Using the eraser at the end of a pencil, I splodged on white paint.

 
 
Pressed a stamp design into some mouldable fun foam and stamped on page with  black archival ink.

 
 
Covered pages with diluted deep orange paint and wiped some off with a cloth.
 
 
 
Used leaf, tempus fugit and bird stamps which were free from Craft Stamper magazine. Used pear-shaped shading stamp (forgotten who makes that - Stampscapes maybe)
Used pilot pens to write a couple of quotes.
To finish off used several Inktense pencils to colour leaves, bird and various highlights and other areas.
 
Thank you so much for looking xxx
 
 

7 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful spread!
    I love it.. and I think it is really cool to see it´s progress..
    thank you for sharing and thank you for linking to

    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY


    I am sorry that this spread is not to see on the new video --but I had to create the video earlier again to bring it to the new posting ----
    so sorry... next time I have to wait to the end ..
    the best pages come on the end..lol!

    HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful journal page. I like the fact that you are showing us the way of development. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easter Blessings to you. This is beautiful, and the tutorial is great, it is so good to see the stages you went through to get to this. Have a lovely Easter Day and do eat lots of chocolate!
    Carol.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful page and I totally love to see the progress...happy easter to you Conny over AJJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely you have joined in as well (AJJ). This is a cracking journal page. I hope you can join in again. Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journal pages, love the stages shown and super LO x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x