Pages

Sunday, 23 June 2013

House of Bears June quote challenge

Those bears at 'The House of Bears' blog are such great guys bears; hearing what they have been up to and seeing their fabulous art work always cheer me up and makes me smile if I feel a bit down.

The bears are having a great June challenge all about quotes from 'Jane Eyre' and the quote I chose to use is: "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will".

this is my entry

 
 
I'd stamped the main girl a 'La Blanche' stamp and it was one of those days that it didn't come out well - so I added some more to it with a black pilot pen and then used a 'kanban' stamp of the couple to fit within the face.
Background colour is using distress stains - tumbled glass, shabby shutters, Victorian velvet and scattered straw

 
 Not sure who the bird on branch die by (think its a Marianne one - apologises if not)coloured with distress stains and detail with pilot pen.
Added a few flowers from some small punches. 

 
 
I've been saving little netting bags which had onions, garlic and all sorts in for ages - I knew they would come in handy one day.
Other mini stamps used by 'Hero Arts'
 
Thanks for stopping by.. Gill x
 


7 comments:

  1. Hi Gill
    wow this is a very different piece from you and you have created the layers in a very clever way that it gives the image great depth.
    A really wonderful piece
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh we love it, the netting is just what this quote needs. We love your background and the stamp is fab too. We're so glad you took the time to join in with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creativity, what a super piece - Inspirational design Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page Gibby a lot of thought and artistry went into creating it

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bird is very cute. And I love your use of real netting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful - haunting and so clever with that netting too - fabulous interpretation of the quote.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x