Pages

Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Out of a Hat Creations - challenge #63 Tickets

Howdie doodie my fellow crafters... hope all well with you this fine day...sun trying to shine here but very cold for June.

I've missed a lot of crafting in May due to workmen in house type of thing, well in garden really and then last week I got an insect bite and had a reaction to it which meant I couldn't use my arm properly..I swear the insect was huge... with a wingspan of 3ft...OK a bit of an exaggeration but it felt like it LOL ... I bought a few crafty things in the meantime to cheer myself up..well you have to don't you?

anyhow... there is a great challenge over at Out of a Hat Creations about 'Tickets' and 'just the ticket' for me to use some new stamps I got yesterday.


 
 
Other than stamps, the 'Ticket to Paradise' I designed using my computer, printed out and then used Gel pens over writing and embossed with clear embossing powder.
 
 
 
Then using distress stains started ageing and grunging it.



 
 
 
 
Stamps used:  'All aboard map' by Urban Stamps/Papermania and 'Grand Tour 1' by IndigoBlu.
Also used 'Peony purple' dye ink by Impress, Vintage photo distress pad, Tim Holtz distress stains in Scattered straw, Victorian velvet and walnut stain.
Black permanent pen around edges.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by ....happy crafting x


 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Gill
    So sorry to hear about the insect bite, I do hope you are on the mend.
    What a lovely vintage/steampunky card, Great tickets and the hot air balloon. Your distressing around the edges really brings this all together, love how you have done that.
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gibby

    Hope your arm is Ok now. I believe you that the insect was huge as Ihave been bitten by a few of those inthe past.

    This is lovely piece and your new stamps are terrific.

    Always good to have you join us at the Hatters

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is terrific! I love your images and all the distressing. Glad you could play along with the OOAH challenge this week. Tracy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! I love your images and all the distress staining. The giant insect didn't seem to affect your artistic talents, lol! Glad you could play along with the OOAH challenge this week. Tracy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your new stamps & your tickets are fab. hope is arm is feeling better
    Thanks for joining us at OOAH
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gill sorry to hear about your arm the giant insects are the worst of all lol this is a fabulous ticket project love those stamps and how you grunted it up. Thanks for joining us at OOAH hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great project love the colours and stamps

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great make and that airship is wonderful. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design Gill - Love every detail x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x