Pages

Wednesday, 26 June 2013

white on White...challenge #32


Neet and Sam have a great challenge over at Artful Times blog where the theme is 'White on White'.
Wasn't sure I could do this, but after giving it some thought and trying out different things found it was so much fun.
Actually, taking the photo was more difficult, trying to get it to look white and one colour LOL
This is my entry...an 8" x 8" card


 
 
As whites can vary, I used all the same card for the layers.
 
I used a Martha Stewart punch as the main layer. This was a 6 ¾" square so that when punching it left little squares at each corner and a line where the punch doesn't meet.
Sometimes I cut across the corner so it leaves a triangle but this time left the square, as I then added a separate small spellbinders square die cut into a triangle, that had also been run through a Cuttlebug embossing swirly pattern folder. Thought this made it look like turned up corners.
 
Layered flowers made with dies by; Marianne large swirl, X-cut flowers and cogs, The flowers also were ran through with (I think a cuttlebug embossing folder, little square sort of brick like - have put it down and can't find it now LOL) centres clear bead crystals. Used 3 swirls for the stems.


 
 
Birds and leaves  by Marianne dies, Butterfly may be X-cut (not sure) but did 2 layers of butterfly, top with wings bent up for depth.
 
 
got these from one of those 99p type cheap shops
 
 Thank you for looking x
 


7 comments:

  1. Isn't it annoying how many shades of white there are. I tried using offcuts for mine but the differences drove me nuts so I stuck to the one card that I had.
    I love the idea you had of the triangles so the corners look to be turned up and I especially adore that branch with the bird on. A beautiful card and hopefully the first of many white on white ones?
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Artful Times. Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, fab detail, love how you've used the cogs.

    Thanks for playing along with AT this week - Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Gibby with a great arrangement of your die cuts.

    I agree it is difficult to photograph something that is all white as it picks up the surrounding colours so easily

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Gill, white on white looks amazing so fresh, and all the detail really make this look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little cogs inside the flowers, and the corners really do
    look as though they have been turned up! What a fantastic card its
    really really pretty. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x