Pages

Sunday, 26 April 2015

THE HAND


Paper Mache hand to use for hanging jewellery on.
I just knew I had to turn it into a Steampunk themed one as soon as I saw the blank.

 
 
 
 
 
Gessoed it first and then painted with flesh colour acrylic paint.
I had cut up an old handbag to make the cuff and used a piece that had a rivet and bit of strap on which fitted nicely when wrapping around the wrist part.

Next I painted a piece of lace with blue paint, then added some
‘Brusho’ powder to grunge it slightly and some iridescent glitter glue on the lace edge and in a few places.
I had an off cut of net curtain and gathered it slightly to make a little ruff.
Then using my die-cutting machine I made some cogs from fun foam and painted/aged them with various paints and waxes.
The key was from something like a meat tin and painted etc that too and sprinkled a liitle bit of some black Brusho on it.
I got the nails from a 99p store and painted them with nail varnish - might change that to another colour at some stage..
All I need to do now is make some more necklaces to hang on it.

 

thanks for stopping by  x 

 

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant, just love this! I am looking forward to seeing your necklaces too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill
    OMG this is amazing I wasn't sure what I was expecting but this is truly fantastic and the flesh colour you have used is so real. I take my hat off to you Gill this is a great Steampunk project.
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the lovely comments - I'm over the guilt of cutting up the handbag and net curtains - anything goes now LOL

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have found your site I can see more of your lovely work.The steam punk hand is a favourite of mine, when you first started this I was wondering how it would turn out, it fascinated me how you added little details like the net and the bag for the cuff then you used the fun foam for the die cuts and my favourite bit is the key from a can, and how the cogs look so real. Brilliant work and one of my favourites.:):)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x