Pages

Friday, 25 September 2015

HEARTS GIRL face

 
Todays first piece using water colours was inspired by Danielle Donaldson and for the fun Kim Dellow 'show your face' (thanks Valerie for encouraging me to join in x )
And then further down, following on from yesterdays drawing with water is what happened when I added Brusho powders.
 

 
 
 
I just got her book on Saturday 'Creative Girl - mixed media techniques for an artful life' and haven't put it down since - it's fabulous!
  
 And next....


Result of  'Drawing with water' and adding ink first and then Brusho Powders
 
 
....if you saw yesterdays post you know I was excited by something I'd stumbled upon on Youtube by Leigh Reyes and I wanted to see if I could use Brusho powders too with this technique.
 
     
 
First the drawing using bottle of water with a fine nib
 
 
 
 
Then I added black calligraphy ink again with the dip in pen, touching the lines of water which made the ink spread.
I wasn't sure how easy it would be to direct the Brusho powder on to the water, so for this experiment used ink and Brusho.
 

Added some Brusho powder to the black ink lines
 
The Brusho powders seemed to work well over the Black ink and the colour showed up better than I thought it would.
 



Close up after drying over night
 
 Other than drying time -  and blowing/wiping away stray powder, I  love this idea for a fairly quick and unusual result.



Have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by
Gill x

12 comments:

  1. Your faces are just wonderful, most impressive. I hope you will link up to Kim's Friday Face, too. Love all the effects you created. That book sounds great! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie
    http://www.kimdellow.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you Valerie for making the introduction :) You are a super star! Kx

      Delete
  2. I am sure I just left a comment and it's gone. Totally fantastic work, would be great if you would link to Kim's Friday Face, too. Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie
    http://www.kimdellow.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did leave comment Valerie - I have the moderation thing on - Sorry x.
      And thanks for the encouragement - I have linked with Show your face :)

      Delete
  3. The last one is so cool. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really fantastic... so good you tried out the brusho... wow!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such exquisitely beautiful faces. I love how you used the Brushos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting technique with the Brushos - and I love the ink and Brusho version so much.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the technique and the results of the second face. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I just adore. What fabulous faces, I'm so glad you found us via the amazing Valerie. I'm looking forward to all of your faces to come too. Thanks for joining in Show Your Face! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gill
    Wow the brusho's worked amazingly well over the ink and I love how the colour reveals itself. You seem to have stumbled on to something that is going to keep you busy and entertained up in your lovely craft room. Looking forward to seeing more of this work
    Hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x