Pages

Friday, 16 October 2015

BIRDY GIRL

Happy Friday to you...( funny thing was, I thought yesterday was Monday but apparently it wasn't duh! )
Linking today to Kim Dellow 'Show your Face' and PaperArtsy 19-faces-challenge  
My face was inspired by Kims post on PaperArtsy  Kim created a wonderful face which also had some JOFY stamps; a flower in her hair and butterfly on her shoulder. 
I love my garden birds and have had them land on my hand to feed (and head once when I had turned my back) so mine is sort of based on me too - welcome to my world!
 
 
 
Mainly used watercolours with some pastel and coloured pencils.
I used JOFY 15 stamps and stamped the birds, birdhouse and leaves on tissue paper, then coloured them with Inktense pencils and painted white acrylic paint on back to loose the transparency. I couldn't resist adding the eye brows to the birds to give each one their own personality.
 
  
Thanks for taking the time to stop by
Have a fab Friday and wonderful weekend
Gill x

19 comments:

  1. Your birdy girl is so much fun - I love that they've come to rest on her head and shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your face is totally gorgeous, I love her! Glad you remembered that it's Friday today!
    Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Girl's eyes and the eyebrows on the birds is so cute x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this it's fab! The girls face is drawn beautifully and the addition of birdie eyebrows is a quirky touch I like too ;)
    Have a lovely weekend
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so sweet-and I love the personality you gave your birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful colour combos on this! I love the cute little birds in her hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks amazing Gill - I always adore the wonderful eyes of all the portraits you make.. super clever with the tissue technique as well and a super nice detail to paint them eye brows.
    Happy weekend!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautifully painted face and I seriously love these birds with their wonderful expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I adore the birds :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, love this! It is fabulously whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's gorgeous, love the birds too hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's gorgeous, love the birds too. Hugs Debsxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHhhhh! Isn't she lovely. So innocent and yes, whimsical. Thanks for the visit. hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, first thing I noticed was the bid eyebrows!! Very funny! What a great face, loving the angular cats eyes on her too!! ~ Leandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whooo hoo Congratulations on the Paperarsty win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great face, please check the PA blog. http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2015/10/2015-topic-20-triptychs-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Had workmen here for last few days so not been on line - so what a fabulous surprise to find out about my win - woo hoo indeed :) thanks all for the lovely comments xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey Gill, I adore your birdies, so cool! Lovely face and well done on the win Wahoo! Thank you for linking up to Show Your Face and sorry it has taken me a while to get to commenting, I'm just catching up now! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  19. awww thanks so much Kim :)
    I'm behind too at present - could do with stopping the clock for a day to catch up xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x