Pages

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Fangs for the Jar

 Hello... today I am linking to SanDee and Amelies Steampunk challenge where the theme this month is top hats and moustaches and I really fancied getting my teeth into this one!
 





I recycled a small John West Jar (which husband thought I could make use of) which was very shallow and my teeth fitted snuggly in it. Well not my own teeth of course as that might make me a vampire - I had a lovely box of various teeth like this given to me several years back for a laugh - I knew they'd be useful one day. 

I used fun foam with all the dies as that gives nice depth and is really useful when the dies are not suitable for cutting heavier/thicker card etc. 
Used various acrylic paints, inks and some metallic wax.


Fangs for stopping by!
Gill x


7 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is such fun. Love your man with the top hat and moustache, and his lovely rusty bits! And those teeth gave me a great laugh, which was much needed, thanks! Glad to hear they are not your teeth, I might have advised you to change your dentist....I am being good and am in bed resting! Have a nice evening, Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super cool ist this! ?A*M*A*Z*I*N*G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. très réussi merci à toi , a bientôt nate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, what a fun project, Gill! LOVE the idea and that fun foam looks awesome! Should use it more with my dies too! I love how you have painted the gears and the whole project is absolutely brilliant! Thank you so much for joining in again with our challenge at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really funny your skull with hat and moustache. I like it! Great idea.
    Dear greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful design! I absolutely love this entire piece, from the fun foam to the rusty looking gears and time piece. BTW-brilliant teeth! You just made my day even better Gill! Aesome sauce and fantabulous!

    Thanks for joing us this month at SanDee&Amelie's Steampunk Challenge! Hugz. ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mix of fun and the contrast of the lovely rusty cogs. Thank you for joining in with us & entering our challenge over at SASPC, Good Luck Dee x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x