Pages

Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Lucky

Hello .... its another miserable overcast day here on the Essex coast, and an excuse to stay in and squeeze in some creative play. (just as I typed that the sun has momentarily peeped out from behind a cloud to say hello and gone again)

I was recently very lucky to win a voucher which then got me some lovely goodies from PaperArtsy  (thank you x )...

Here are some things I've made so far ... have quite a few ideas for some other things but non crafty stuff has delayed my creative projects in the last couple of weeks.

Made 2 Christmas cards, a pot for my brushes and a wooden(thing?)...not sure what it's for yet, but it previously had 3 pots of Primulas in that a very distant cousin sent as a thanks for solving a 60 year Genealogy mystery for her.
 
 
 
 
I love to re-cycle, so this large yoghurt pot has come in very handy as a brush and stuff holder. A layer of Gesso under the Fresco paints, then stamped directly on the pot and used transparent Fresco paints on images.
 
 
I'd been meaning to get these fabulous rubber stamps by Darcy Wilkinson for ages as I just love anything Steampunk and adore the flamingo in the set.
I like to look at what's in a set and think of what I can do with them and to see if I am able to get something from a stamp that it wasn't probably intended for. I saw that the group of swirly bits (although a challenge) was ideal to make a Christmas tree. I worked out the tree shape first by stamping on rough paper.
 
On the square card for the background I used PaperArtsy fresco paints, then next using Brusho powder on a craft sheet spritzed to make an ink, used a La Blanche script stamp on top.
At the top used one of the other stamps in set (upside down?) as it looked fairy lights.  (Christmas word stamp from my stash).
 
The Flamingo and tree were stamped on tissue paper and coloured with Promarkers and Inktense pencils. I cut away some of the additional steampunk on the flamingos back and then drew a Christmas hat on tissue paper to fit its head. The tissue had paint on the back of it so the background didn't show through it and stuck down with a matte gel medium.
 
 
Then after I took the photos I decided to make a tag as well...


 
Fresco paints for tag background, stamped with a copper embossing powder and coloured in mainly with intense pencils. Cogs are die cut on fun foam and painted with various metallic paints. Key saved from a tin of ham.
 
 
 
 
 
 


My goodies I chose from the lovely people at PaperArtsy
 
Have a great day
and 
thanks so much for stopping by today
Gill xx

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning those gorgeous goodies, really lovely. I have the CWS stencil, too. Love your recycled projects, they look like they came from an expensive designer shop! And the rusty cogs and key on the tag are a real eye catcher. Have a lovely day, and hope you get more time for being crafty again! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrast on your winning - great goodies and I love your super set! Looks fabulous - the effects on the tag are excellent...unique!
    Happy rest of the day!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, I just love all of your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous prizes Gill, so pleased for you :)
    Love all your makes they are Great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x