Pages

Thursday, 21 January 2016

Wonderland and Pastels

I'm Running late today - but better late than never I guess.
Hope you're day has been good.
OK - so the first piece is for  AJJ Winter Wonderland theme 
sorry about photo, I really must learn how to take better
photos that don't make the paper look a funny shape.
  


Next: Last year I started a hollowed out book but the cutting made my hand hurt so it got put to one side. A couple days ago I saw a fabulous one by Alison Bomber and was so inspired by it I just had to find the book and try to do more to it.


Have you met Albert before? Albert had found some goggles - not sure why he was wearing them unless he didn't trust me with a craft knife. ...I only managed to cut out a few more pages, so might have to do it a bit at a time. The book has about 520 pages and I am up to about 175 so far.


Finally I got around to some drawing. This is a work in progress and my first play with my new Rembrandt soft pastels from November - oh yes - and some new Faber Castell Pitt pastel pencils too. I've so much to learn about this medium still :)


Thanks so much for visiting.
Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Gill x

10 comments:

  1. Love the look of your pastels, and your drawing looks great - have fun playing with your goodies. And thanks for another lovely page for AJJ. Great new blog look, too. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new header Gill and the winter wonderland page is really beautiful! Thank you for linking to AJJ again. Oh gosh .. what an amount of work to cut out all that pages...
    and your pastel portrait looks very good - seems you have got anazing pastels...
    Have fun with them!

    oxo
    Susi

    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page and great projects. Looking forward to seeing your book finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous winter page! That Albert just cracks me up:) Wonderful drawing and look at all those fabulous new pastels and pencils to art with -enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Winter Wonderland is just that, with the terrific frosty background, the two deer looking ready to run off and all the fancy snowflakes, I love it.
    Your portrait is looking very good, and made with chalk pastels too, quite tricky, chalk pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you have been busy. I hope the cut out book works well and that we get to see it.

    Stunning page and great to have you join in with us again at Art Journal Journey

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a nice and magical imge. I like it so much and the wonderful colours.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snow piece for AJJ. I love those blue trees in the background and how the rest of the images pop off the page in front of them. Great face too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Gill,can't wait to see how it develops. I love the look of Albert.......he has the same expression my cat has when I'm crafting ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x