Pages

Friday, 5 February 2016

Face experiment with oil pastels and gouache

Hello....
Its Friday so I'm linking up to Kim Dellow 'Show your face' 
As I'm fairly inexperienced with mediums I'm still learning and playing.
I was experimenting with some new oil pastels and gouache and ended up seeing what it was like to paint over the pastels. The background is mainly watercolour. 
 
  
 

I'm learning lots and being inspired by the amazing face art by so  many talented people...
check out Kim Dellows blog and Show your Face challenges   and join in if you can.


Our weather in the UK is still wet, windy and miserable, which is a shame as for several days I've been hoping to catch a glimpse of the 5 planets. Its the first time in about 11 years they are together close in the sky just before dawn, but as usual our weather lets us down for these type of things.

Wherever you are have a lovely weekend
and thanks so much for stopping by
Gill x

7 comments:

  1. Hi Gill. I must ask my husband about the 5 planets as he used to teach Astronomy, so no doubt he's been wanting to catch a glimpse too! I love your experiment - really warm colours and a nice idea to use the pastels and gouache together like this. I really like her eyes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super face-- always great to experiment with different mediums!
    Happy weekend Gill! Sending better weather to you!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her hair and the color is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Gill! Love your face, she looks so wide awake and alert, which I can't yet say of myself! I had no luck with the planets here, either! We also have wild, wet and windy weather. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely face...she seems to be contemplating her day!! You should join the 29 faces of feb challenge too...it's a wonderful group there too!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and expressive. The eyes are magical.
    Thank yoy Gill for visiting my site and I appreciate very much you joining my followers♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x