Pages

Sunday, 19 June 2016

Miss Freckle Face and a Map for AJJ

Hi everyone
Happy Sunday to you, hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Its been a while since I was able to join in with Kim Dellow's 'Show your face' and although not back to drawing/painting properly yet, I still have some pieces I haven't uploaded yet... so here is one of them using mainly a little spray ink and some Inktense pencils.


 
 
 
Also linking today to AJJ challenge where the theme for June is maps.  I love maps and have a huge collection of old maps I bought to help with family history - I'm tempted to start cutting some of them up and use on projects but for now I've just used rubber stamps.
The rubber stamps are by Viva D├ęcor and I used a TH compass mask with 'tumbled glass' distress stain and also used 'explore' die. Background aquamarker pens (not sure what you call it, but I scribbled on a plastic bag with pens, then a light spritz of water and pressed it down on the paper.)
 
 
 
 
 
 Enjoy the rest of the weekend... the sun is shining here and I'm torn between doing some gardening, watching Formula 1 grandprix or crafting..............mmmm or maybe do all!
 
Thanks for stopping by
and for your comments
Gill xx
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love the face, very effective with the ink-spray. Wonderful journal page, too, so glad you are back with us at AJJ an blogland in general, stay with us! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled about this awesome soft face - gorgeous
    and I am also thrilled about the fabulous map page for AJJ Gill!
    Great!
    Happy Sunday!
    Thanks a lot for supporting us at Art Journal Journey!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Miss Freckle Face, she looks like she has attitude ha ha
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pages! The map page stamps and background colours are gorgeous. I love smooshing diluted aquamarkers onto paper too, it's such fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are fantastic. I love the look of Miss Freckle face, and the travel page is a wonderful mix with the old maps and sailing vessels. :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pieces! Love her eyes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages, they are so inspiring.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your combination of colors and rubber stamping! Delightful map page!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x