Pages

Monday, 29 August 2016

All Things Bright and Beautiful.... for AJJ

I'm going bright and beautiful today... so this is my bright  page for Nature's Wonders theme at AJJ  and ok maybe this spread is not all that beautiful but further down this post I will make up for this with some real flowers :)




I started off with some acrylic paints and finger painted the background - this is so messy and so much fun isn't it? I love doing this.

Then I tore some leaves and petals shapes from my old school dictionary to create a flower on the right page and on the left page (no step by step photos for that) die cut some flowers instead.

I stuck the pieces down with Galleria matte medium, painted the stems with an Inktense block and painted the pieces with Inktense blocks or lightly watered acrylics.


 
Added some details with white Posca pen and some more red and yellow paint to background. And sorry.. I cheated with digital words.
 
 
 and now for the beautiful...which just happens to be bright too
... don't flowers just make you want to smile and feel happy?
 

 and when you want some of Nature's Wonders inside....
how about this for an idea...
This is something we had about 1997-ish
The walls were sponged in two tones of grey and then
 we stencilled 4 columns and a hanging garden
 with butterflies and dragonflies.
 
 
The two photos show the 4 columns.
 
 

I'm particularly proud of the columns as I designed them on my pc

and to get the correct size, they are made up of a few pieces.
Once I had found large enough and suitable stencil material,
 I traced the design on to it and cut the pieces out.

 

 
The two long winding leaves and rose looking stencil were shop bought stencils.
Some of the other stencils I made by  tracing a design from a book and then cutting them out with one of those tools that looks a bit like a soldering iron. 
 
 
just a few more days left if you would like to join
 
 
Thank you for taking the time to stop by
(and sorry for the long post)
Gill x
 


9 comments:

  1. Your journal pages are really bright and beautiful - just gorgeous! Love the photos of the wonderful decorations in your bedroom, just fantastic, you are really talented. Thanks again for all you have done for AJJ this month! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a dreamy and beautiful bedroom!
    You are very clever AND talented Gill ♥
    Your Bright and Beautiful pages certainly are both and so very lovely.
    I really like the addition of white pen dots and highlights too.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. this did not seem like a long post to me at all
    thoroughly enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The journal pages are so beautiful - just gorgeous! Gosh what a special artwork in your bedroom, just fantastic, you are such a talented woman. Thanks again for all your support and great work for AJJ this month!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bedroom is gorgeous as is your journal page!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and bright page, now I have that tune in my head. The page with the flower photos is fantastic as well. The stencils on your bedroom walls look awesome, so beautiful I would be wanting that romantic art to stay on my walls for a very long time.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I can't keep up with you Gill! You're blowing my mind with all your lush creations this month, adore this one too
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Gill, that stenciling is really gorgeous. I bet it really dresses up the room. And I love your flower pieces today. They are bright and cheery and feel like late summer. :) Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these bold bright pages! Your wall decorating must have taken ages! Great design and finish, looks brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x