Pages

Friday, 19 August 2016

Paper Pages People

Hi... a bit different today as this is my first of two posts. First one  linking to TIOT   where the challenge is to use some book pages/print on your project and I've been using my old school dictionary.... I knew it would come in handy after all these years :)

 


 
 drew and cut out head, neck and hair from pages.
 
 
 
Using Galleria matt medium stuck down pieces plus a few random bits.
 


Probably should have painted background first but using Pebeo Dyna paints and Pebeo Yellow painted around the body and head and over random bits.



Some more painting then added more colour using a stencil/stamp die cut from craft foam.

Drew face, coloured lightly with Neocolor 11 oil pastels.
 

Added some more Pebeo Dyna paint to the strips at edges. And then finished by painting and sticking on hair, a bit of shadow with Stabilo all pencil and finally a digital quote.
 
 August has been a funny month - the heat has made it awkward to sleep and what with trying to fit in watching the Olympics I seem to be doing everything late or back to front.
 
 
This was yesterdays breakfast - Polenta with sun dried tomato paste,quails egg, red pepper, and courgette. This morning was back to normal - beans on toast - but about 11am we were having a glass of white wine with cheese and crackers - this wasn't normal but this was to toast a blogging friend who was getting married this morning but too far for us to attend,
 
 
My red glasses case broke and Dave found a replacement but the dark blue didn't show up well and I spent so much time hunting down where I left my glasses that I did a quick painting with Pebeo acrylic and Dyna paints - not brilliant but at least it sticks out like a sore thumb and easier to find now.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you've had a great day.
No sunshine here today,
 was a grey day and now raining.
 
Gill x
 

 


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous face Gill, love the really striking eyes she has. Wow now that's what I call a breakfast too!
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Gill this page looks beautiful. What a creative idea to use cut outs for the face and hair.
    Thank you for joining us over at TioT's.
    Your breakfast looks delicious, I would love that for lunch as well.
    It was also super idea to brighten your glasses case with a flower.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the face came out Gill. I always love using book pages as a background. It gives the work so much texture. Have a wonderful weekend and will you have another yummy breakfast like you showed us today? Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika xx .... and no... back to boring old beans on toast (seems to do wonders for my husbands diabetes)

      Delete
  4. The face came out just perfect and I would love to take this breakfast -wow... looks so so yummie and delicous!
    Thank you very much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Gill!
    The floers is a good idea and so it looks special now and good to find as well! Well done!
    Happy rest of Sunday, I don't know how I missed that post until now....

    os Susi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made this fabulous face! As for your flower patterned specs case - I think I could do with decorating a few of my belongings with something like this!! Your breakfast looks yummy BTW! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I missed this one, glad I found it now. Beautiful work, and thanks for joining us at TIOT! Hugs, Valerie
    Love the look of your breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous journal page Gill! Love the face and the lovely colours.
    Your breakfast looks tasty! Mar xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x