Pages

Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Trees are life........for AJJ

It's Tuesday so that means tomorrow is the last day for me as guest host at  AJJ Nature'Wonders  so without further ado here is todays piece....

 

I started with a finger painted background with Paperartsy fresco paints and then added some scrap pieces from my old school dictionary and painted over the top of them. 
As I hadn't yet used the pages with 'Trees' and 'Bark' on - this was the ideal time to make use of those words.

   
 
Stamped some leaves and then stuck down the images I'd printed on photopaper with Galleria matte medium but I'd put gesso on back of image first. (I'm still learning about mediums etc and when I had not used the gesso first, I think I got
bleed through as the image dried a bit streaky in places).
 
 
Next I stamped a few more leaves and then coloured them with Inktense blocks, added the white dots with a Posca pen and finished with 'rub-ons' for the words.
 
 
Trees certainly are one of Nature's Wonders; trees are life.... they make most of the oxygen we need to breathe, without them life would probably not exist. They have so many other benefits too like cleaning the air by absorbing carbon dioxide, they help reduce noise pollution, they help with our landscape and erosion, provide shade, are a natural resource and so much more as well as being beautiful.
 
I'm finishing today with a digital piece using a photo from my garden, another of my poems and can you spot one my pastel faces blended on the tree too.
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for taking the time to stop by today,
Hope you're having a great day.
Gill x


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful journal pages, words, pictures - hard to find the right superlatives. You have created so many wonders for us this month and really been present all the time - thanks for all the hard work you put in for AJJ this month, it really is appreciated. Love especially the face in the tree! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your poem on the page with the face on the tree The journal spread looks fantastic as well. I have really enjoyed your theme this month Gill and all your inspiration.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING Gill - the pages are so pretty , I love to see their progress as well ! And the digital tree piece is so lovely with the fantastic text! Thank you once more Gill for all the wonderful work you did for Art Journal Journey!
    Happy rest of the Day!!!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture in this piece. And I am really blown away by your poem. You have a lot of talents:) . Hug-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gill,your pages with trees are awesome,especially the face in the tree so wonderful,great job you did it.
    have a great week.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had intended to visit more and create more art to honor your theme this month, but life and time got in the way. I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your awesome hosting abilities. You put the pressure on others who follow.

    Your trees are incredible, and the mixed media background is superb. You have created a wonderful two page spread that goes so nicely with it.

    Your poem is wonderful. I was truly impressed, as I was with your digital tree. You have some incredible skills when it comes to journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW so much to enjoy here Gill.
    You are a lady of many talents!
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring again and again.
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your poem and super pages and photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x