Pages

Monday, 15 August 2016

WONDER and be amazed

Hi everyone it's Monday again - another weekend that seemed to come and go by so fast, hope yours was a good one.
Talking of things going fast, I'm already starting my 3rd week as guest host for the Nature's Wonders challenge at AJJ
So if you haven't already joined in there's still plenty of time left and lots of wonderful inspiration to be found there too.
 
Today I have a two page spread with - sorry - yet another Aquamarker background, you know...where I scribbled/doodled the markers on a piece of cellophane,  spritze or breathe on it, then pressed it down onto the paper to transfer the ink. I went a bit mad this time as its so much fun to do. All the grungy lines and splodges, yellow flowers and leaves were done this way too.
The Blue Tit stamp was free from a magazine and the Honesty stamp from an Elusive Image set. Birds on branch stamp make unknown.
Additional colouring with Inktense pencils and coloured pencils.

 
 

 
 
 
And when I was out in my garden this morning I spied some of nature's little treasures: a couple of Collared Doves feathers, an empty snail shell, a couple of interesting stones (not sure if that is something in the middle of that), some animal bones (birds?) and some shells... goodness knows how the shells got there. Lots of fascinating patterns and textures - have you seen anything interesting today?
 
 
  
I am always in awe of the wonderful montage pages that the lovely Valerie  creates at the end of each month. I don't think I'd have the patience to do that ( or the skill to make everything fit) but I was interested to see how the last two weeks of my pages looked together - took a bit of time so I won't be doing it after August.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today
Gill x
 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely double page spread, and it looks like you really had fun going to town on this one. You are doing a great job as our hostess this month, so glad you are still enjoying yourself. Love the little treasures you found today, I love looking for bits and bobs along the Rhine. I met my long lost relatives today, and we had a great time. Have a nice evening, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful pages of nature,love the soft backround and all little deatils.
    have a great week.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your two pages are superb full of the joys of Summer.
    Your montage looks good and I can imagine it took a lot of time to build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your coloured backgrounds and it does look like you had a fun creative play, everything you added goes so well together, its fantastic.
    Great finds in the garden, your theme of natures Wonders, is making me look a bit closer at the things we seem to take for granted.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Aquamarker backgrounds Gill. And I love all the images you added. This is a great journal page. That little flying bird is the best addition. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages, I love the bird images and all the grungy lines and splodges - wonderful! Wishing you a great week! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pages - I so like the softness in this spread - you gathered beautiful natural things - a zen-like arrangement - beautiful!
    Great art and nice to see the pages all in a collage!
    hank you so much for being such a super hostess Gill!
    Happy Tuesday!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x