Pages

Friday, 26 August 2016

Wonder is.... for AJJ

Hi all...

Today for AJJ Nature's Wonders I have mainly just used Aquamarker pens and Inktense blocks and a couple of bird stamps that I lost the packaging for and don't the know maker. The added quote says 'Wonder is a natural response to the beauty of the world' by Amethyst Wyledyfyre and although I have added that digitally the font is one of a couple I have made. (one of those done by filling in a template with your own writing and then get it converted to a font)

 
I've not photographed it step by step mainly because once I get into it I often forget to do that, but this is kind of how it started.  Sorry about weird shadows in photo below.


 
I love using Aquamarkers with the cellophane (as you may have gathered by now) as you get some interesting texture and it's great to see where you are placing the ink.
This is the thing, you know...where I scribbled/doodled the markers on a piece of cellophane, spritze or breathe on it, then pressed it down onto the paper to transfer the ink.

 
 


I loosely painted some sketchy flowers with Inktense blocks and then outlined them with a black pigment pen. Added some squiggly bits with the pen and some splodges and extra bits with the Inktense blocks. Then stamped the birds.
 
Well its Friday once again
Hope your week went well.
Wishing you a lovely weekend
and many thanks as always for stopping by.
Gill x
 
 


12 comments:

  1. Another wonderful journal spread, you are really being a super-duper hostess this month and spoiling us with all your lovely pages. Love the font you made, too. Have a great weekend, stay cool! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous page Gill, the flowers are beautiful and its another good quote. I am in awe of you making your own writing font, I imagine that was a difficult process, so good for you.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you've intertwined the birds with the flowers is stunning. Really lovely composition, Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pages,love ihe orange flowers and little birds.
    have a bice weekend.

    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely page! Interesting technique with the aquamarkers, I want to try also. I love the colors you have used and your doodling! Hugs, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well composed and very nice pages. I like the watercolor touch.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Gill, thinking this one may just be my favourite creation yet :)
    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Gill you've created really lovely pages here ... again!
    Great tip for using the Aqua markers, thanks so much for sharing that.
    I had picked some up with a coupon and never used them very much.
    You've inspired me.
    Your doodled flowers along with your pretty handwriting (not sure HOW you managed that but it was worth the time it took for sure!)
    I also admire you use of blank space which is something that is challenging for me.
    All around lovely!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh - I love this delicate flowers Gill! Gorgeous! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful piece Gill! Love the birds and flowers and the way they flow around the pages, stunning! Wishing you a lovely Sunday! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple but classy. Wonderful page gill. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful page, love the delicate style :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment x